Electric Imp’s trademarks, logos, service marks and other brands (“Trademarks”) are valuable assets of Electric Imp and are protected by applicable trademark, copyright and other intellectual property laws. Electric Imp Trademarks may be used only upon prior written approval of Electric Imp or subject to a valid license from Electric Imp. Unless modified by the terms of your written agreement with Electric Imp, any and all displays of an Electric Imp Trademark must follow these guidelines:
I. General Trademark Usage Guidelines
You may refer to Electric Imp products and services by their associated Trademarks, so long as such references (a) are truthful, fair, and not misleading, and (b) comply with these Guidelines, which may be modified by Electric Imp from time to time in Electric Imp’s sole discretion.
- Use the appropriate trademark symbol of Electric Imp’s ownership of the marks and/or logos in question.
- Use the appropriate acknowledgment of the ownership of the marks by Electric Imp.
- Do not incorporate Electric Imp Trademarks into your own product names, service names, trademarks, logos, or company names, and do not adopt marks or logos that are confusingly similar to Electric Imp’s marks and logos.
- The initial “E” and “I” letters of words “Electric Imp” must be always capitalized. The only exception is in Electric Imp’s logotype, in which lowercase is used.
II. References to Electric Imp
- The initial “E” and “I” letters of words Electric Imp are always capitalized. The only exception is in Electric Imp’s logotype, in which lowercase is used.
- Do not use our name, logos, or screenshots in a way that may be confusing, misleading, or suggest our partnership, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation.
- Do not combine any part of the Electric Imp brand with your name, marks or generic terms.
III. Use of Electric Imp Logos
- Do not modify or alter the Electric Imp logo in any way, other than resizing.
- Do not separate the words “Electric Imp” and the imp character. Both must appear together in all uses.
- Do not alter the font or color scheme of the Electric Imp logo.
- Do not make the logo the primary element in your materials, collateral, including a website, or other assets.
- Please use at least 30% space between the logo and other logos and icons.
IV. Electric Imp Product Names and Logos
- Electric Imp®
V. Use of Trademark Symbols
- In letters, memos, press releases, white papers, advertising, slides, foils, video, and other multimedia presentations:
- Properly designate (with ®, ™ or SM) all of Electric Imp’s Trademarks at the most prominent use (usually a headline) and again on the first occurrence in copy.
- In the case of presentation graphics, trademarks should be designated with the proper trademark symbol on each page, slide, and foil.
- In newsletters, magazines, and publications containing multiple articles:
- Properly designate (with ®, ™ or SM) all of Electric Imp’s Trademarks on the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines and on the first occurrence in EVERY article in which they are used.
- In brochures, annual/quarterly reports, books, technical documentation, and other bound documents:
- Properly designate (with ®, ™ or SM) all of Electric Imp’s Trademarks on the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines, and on the first occurrence in text.
- In all charts or graphs, properly designate trademarks (with ®, ™ or SM), as they could be copied or pulled and used independently.
- In all tag lines incorporating a trademark slogan, always use the trademark symbol in every reference.
VI. Trademark Acknowledgments
Properly footnote and acknowledge trademark ownership, preferably identifying Electric Imp Trademarks as being owned by Electric Imp Incorporated (e.g., BlinkUp™ is a trademark of Electric Imp Incorporated or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries; Electric Imp® is a registered trademark of Electric Imp Incorporated or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries).
VII. Electric Imp Screenshots
Prior to use of Electric Imp product and other copyright-protected screenshots, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we make available t-shirts, stickers and other merchandise that feature the Electric Imp logo, we do not allow third parties to make, sell, or give away anything with our name or logo on it.
IX. Terms of Service
Questions/Requests for Use
For any questions or requests to use our Trademarks, please e-mail email@example.com and if possible, please provide a mockup of your intended use so we can be specific in our response. We’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible, but please give us at least one week to respond. Please note that no response does not imply approval. Express written approval required prior to any use.