We’re working on a system with requirements unlike anything you’ve seen before: a massive, mission critical, distributed, low latency network that will divide time into ‘before’ and ‘after’. Does that sound a bit like Skynet? Well, spontaneous consciousness isn’t one of the project requirements, but we’re not ruling anything out.
We’re building the cloud backend for the Internet of Things. Think plants that tweet, texting mousetraps, and garage doors you can operate from your phone, all controlled through our infrastructure. Everything needs to communicate efficiently, reliably, and globally. You’ll be responsible for core pieces of this cloud and have a chance to shape the architecture.
- You have a great sense of humor and people around you always seem to be in stitches (not literally)
- You’re passionate and it shows in everything you do and everything you talk about
- You get excited when you get an LED to blink
What you’ll be doing:
- Building large scale (think “internet-scale”) high-availability messaging systems
- Writing code that will actually enable the internet of things for millions of devices
- Optimizing servers to efficiently service millions of connections
- Hacking on everything from C to Backbone.js
- 2+ years of Linux & GNU tools experience
- Node.js experience is a big plus!
- You’ve used Ruby, Python, or other dynamic languages in a professional setting
- Experience with postgresSQL is also a big plus
- 3-4 years working on server systems
- You’ve worked closely with product development teams and enjoy collaboration
- Our CEO is the biggest nerd we’ve ever met (that’s a compliment)...you must be engineering driven as well
- You are comfortable running with vague requirements
- A B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or comparable field (or equivalent applicable experience)
In our former lives we built the iPhone and designed Gmail. Together we're working on something even more revolutionary, and we need your help. We're a small team of diverse professionals from Apple, Google, Facebook and more, and we're growing fast.
Show us your stuff and we'll show you ours.
We have a maker mentality and are keen on people who have built interesting stuff on their own, whether it's physical or virtual. If you're intrigued and can work in Los Altos, California, drop us a line, resume, portfolio or manifesto. If we like your stuff we'll invite you to meet the team and see what we're working on.
Apply for this position