The Electric Imp API provides a set of classes and global objects with which imp code may access local hardware and remote cloud functionality. This API augments the Squirrel Standard Library which provides non-imp-specific functionality. For more general information about the Squirrel language, see ‘Learning Squirrel’ and ‘Squirrel Programming Guide’.
The Electric Imp API includes the following global objects:
- agent object – device-only object that allows communication with the paired agent
- device object – agent-only object that allows communication with the paired device
- hardware object – access to I/O peripherals
- http object – agent-only object that wraps up http-related functions and request creation
- http request class – agent-only dispatcher for outbound http requests
- http response class – agent-only response creation for inbound http requests
- imp object – access to WiFi and other parts of the imp itself
- nv table – for persisting data across deep sleeps
- server object – access to the electric imp cloud servers
It also includes these further classes, one or more instances of which can be found as members of the global hardware object:
Feedback via the forum is welcomed.